Setup page of Netgear Nighthawk XR700 wifi router
The Netgear Nighthawk series routers have been the game changers for Netgear brand and these wireless networking devices are known for delivering some of the most high-end features like amazingly fast network and internet speed over several frequency bands, several Ethernet ports for connecting the removable storage as well as non-storage devices etc. This Netgear NighthawK XR700 router is a yes for the gaming enthusiasts as this networking device delivers up to 7 Gbps of speed over the network without causing a lag or even a bit of buffer during the live streaming of media.
The users can have the access to this router’s setup page (admin page) easily through their dedicated web address of www.routerlogin.net or via the default IP address of 192.168.1.1. But at the same time it is essentially advised to use the custom web link of routerlogin.net for the router setup instead of the default IP of the router.
You need to have these following things ready for successful network setup.
- Netgear router/modem
- Working computer system (desktop/laptop)
- Other hardware supplements like power cords etc.
- Ethernet cables (RJ45)
- Now connect the modem to the INTERNET port of the router with an Ethernet cable and similarly connect the computer system to one of the LAN ports of the router.
- Secondly, connect the power supply to the router/modem and switch it on. Wait for few seconds till the LEDs on the display panel get stable.
- Now, open the web browser and enter the web address of routerlogin.net and provide the login username and password at the second window when asked to.
- The default values are “admin” and “password” for both the cases.
- Select the proper connection and type for internet setup under the Internet and settings tab.
- There will be some other remaining instructions that need to be followed up and your device will be ready to use after the configuration.
Netgear genie login
Netgear Genie is smart setup wizard web application software that is used for getting the access of your Netgear router’s dashboard remotely. The genie software from Netgear has taken the router access and customization to a whole new level by providing its remote access through the cloud technology.
How to get the Netgear genie login page for setup?
Read the steps below carefully to get the device set up.
- The user first needs to download the Netgear Genie software on their computer systems or on their smartphones and install it.
- Once you have installed this Netgear genie smart application, launch it and you will see its homepage.
- Select the login as “remote access” and then click on the “sign up “tab to get your Netgear genie remote account created.
- Use your remote genie account details to log in to your Netgear account remotely from any smart device through this application.
Key aspects of the Netgear genie login
There is one crucial thing to remember that the first and the foremost genie remote account can be set up only on a local computing device. Once the primary Netgear genie account has been created, you can access your router device from any other smart device as well from any location at any time.
Netgear security update via routerlogin.net
Before moving on to perform the Netgear security update, we should fully understand what actually the Netgear security update is. Netgear security update is referred to the Netgear firmware update only and nothing else. The security term used here addresses the core updates in the encryption of the router data that makes our connection more secure. Therefore, the firmware update is termed as Netgear security update.
Now, let us show you how you can easily update your Netgear’s firmware in some easy steps.
- The Netgear router firmware or security can be updated through two methods which are the automatic one and the manual one. Let us go through the automatic Netgear security update first.
- This automated firmware update on your Netgear router can be done through the Netgear Genie application.
- Launch the Netgear Genie application and login with your username and password.
- Once you have accessed your Netgear genie home page, click on the ADVANCED>Administration tab and then select the router firmware tab.
- Then select the UPDATE tab and you will get a check button flashing right beside the update tab.
- Click on that check button and the system will show you the available update/s for your connected Netgear router device.
- Click yes update tab and rest of the job will be done by the Netgear genie itself. It will get the update file downloaded and installed on your router itself.
Your Netgear security updates are done and enjoy the lightning fast network speed with the extra security of your personal data.
How to find the wireless password for Netgear WNDR N750 router?
This is a very interesting topic to share with all the users. Here in this section, an important process of password recovery will be elaborated to get your forgotten password recovered in some easy steps. Below this whole process is mentioned in a few steps.
Before we move on to the Netgear password recovery process, it is very important to note here that the password recovery works only if the user has set the password recovery option at first. Also, two preset security questions and their answers will be required for recovering the Netgear router password.
Now, let us begin with the Netgear router password recovery process.
- Enter the web address of routerlogin.net in the URL bar of the browser and hit enter, you will be prompted with a small login window asking for the username and password.
- Select the cancel tab and it will redirect you to another limited access window of Netgear router admin page where you will be asked to enter your Netgear router device’s serial number.
- (Note- the serial number is printed on a label beneath the router body).
- Enter the router serial number and then the consecutive window will appear asking to answer your present set of questions.
- Once you correctly answer the security questions, click “submit” and the next window will display you your router’s recovered password.
- Log in to your Netgear router’s admin page through this recovered password and move on to the configuration part if you want.
How to reset the Netgear wireless router?
Resetting any of the networking hardware isn’t that hard to do. This is due to the reset button which is given on the outer body. The two basic methods through which we can easily reset our Netgear wireless router are listed below.
- Factory reset through the reset button
- Reset through the web interface of the router (routerlogin.net).
Reset with the reset button
- The reset button of the Netgear Nighthawk routers us given inside a pinhole of the router. Reset your Netgear wireless router by reading the proper instructions mentioned below in order.
- It is pre-assumed that your Netgear router is on and stable. If it is off, then switch its power supply on as without the device is on, it cannot be reset back to its original settings.
- Now, insert a pinpointed thing may be a paper clip or a needle or any kind of thin pointed object would work.
- Now, insert and hold the reset button pushed for at least 5 -10 seconds or till the device takes a power cycle (reboot).
Your Netgear device would be reset back to its original factory settings within no time and all the previous settings written in its memory will be erased. You will be required to configure your router device all again so that it can be made usable again in the network.
Reset password on Netgear wireless router
Many times, the user forgets the router’s login password and this is the most commonly occurring issue with the Netgear. The users worldwide have the tendency of forgetting several things and the most common thing that people forget is their passwords. Now in the context of the Netgear wireless routers, the users forget their router’s login password. But the users need not worry as you can easily recover your router login password through the password recovery option.
“Reset password” page access
- The user will definitely need to access the password page if they want to reset their router’s login password.
- Enter the web link routerlogin.net or the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar of the browser and hit enter.
- The user is required to provide the login credentials for accessing the admin page of the router.
- Now, select the Factory reset tab from the left menu pane of the router admin window. Once you have clicked the factory reset tab on the main admin page, the router will go off and on again. This is a reboot that will be taking place erasing all of your personal as well as configuration information from the router memory.
Does the firmware version of our router also get downgraded with a factory reset?
Yes, in most of the cases, when the user performs a factory reset on their Netgear wireless router, the firmware version of their networking device gets downgraded to its basic factory version with which it was delivered at first.
Setup wireless printer with Netgear wireless router
Netgear is proving to be of great use to everyone in every possible way. Either it is the wired or wireless networking or other home wifi devices setup. These home wifi devices also include your wireless printer that can be easily used by simply getting it connected to the wireless router of Netgear. The users with IOS smartphones can also print their documents straight from their mobile phones via Netgear Ready share support from the router.
What is Netgear ReadySHARE?
Netgear routers that support the ReadySHARE functionality on them provides the user an option of getting their USB devices like printers, storage devices etc.to connect to the Netgear wireless router. These devices are first connected to the router device with the help of a USB cable and once this hardware connection is
Netgear routers that support the ReadySHARE functionality on them provides the user an option of getting their USB devices like printers, storage devices etc.to connect to the Netgear wireless router. These devices are first connected to the router device with the help of a USB cable and once this hardware connection is done. That device will be available to the user wirelessly in the list of available networks and devices.
Print wirelessly through the Netgear ReadySHARE enabled routers.
- Connect your printer device to the Netgear wireless router’s USB port with the USB cable provided and wait for a few seconds.
- The printer drivers and printer software needs to be preinstalled on your computer system and if you don’t have the requisite printer software, download and install it first through www.hp.com.
- Now, download the Netgear control center utility software from the web address of www.netgear.com/readyshare and install it on the systems that you are going to use for the printing or other networking tasks.
- Open the Netgear utility control center widget and it will pop out an important notification regarding the current printer connection.
- You will see your printer listed in the current connection list and just proceed on with the given instructions.
Your wireless printer is now ready to use
Open the file that you want to print and when the print dialogue box opens, select your printer device from the drop-down list of printers. Remember to note which printer you are using so that compatible printer is always selected and there is no delay in the printing process.
Printer setup for Mac operating system
Most of the setup part for the wireless printer setup in Mac operating system is same as that with the Windows computer system. Read the instructions carefully in order to get the wireless printer device on Mac OS system also.
- For printer setup in Mac OS, the user needs to download and install the Netgear Genie mobile or desktop application on the corresponding devices.
- Now log in to the Netgear Genie application with the login credentials like the username and password.
- Now select the Air print option in the home page of the Netgear Genie application.
- Also mark the checkbox next to the printer that is connected to your Netgear wireless router.
- In this way, you can have your documents, images and other material printed with just a click.
Is it possible to start a print command from all the computers in the network?
No, this is not possible in any way. Moreover, you have to get your computer device disconnected from the computer system when some other user wants to print their document from the very same printer. This means that no simultaneous printouts can be taken from the wireless printer connected in a wireless network of the Netgear wifi router.